Monday, January 28, 2013

December 2012/January 2013 Book of the Month


In a future Chicago, sixteen-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.


Want to know more about author Veronica Roth? Click here

Want to know more about the Divergent series? Click here!

Check out the trailer for the Divergent movie:



What are YOUR thoughts? Please comment below! 

2 comments:

  1. I did like this book but I can honestly say that I didn't love it. I have found that there is a pretty distinct 'dystopian novel formula' that has appeared in so many novels in this genre: a critical 'choosing' ceremony, animosity amongst the divided groups, and a protagonist who goes rogue. While I'm so thankful for books like this and would recommend it to reluctant readers out there, I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. What do you think??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this last year and just realized that I never posted! From what I can remember, I liked it. I do plan on reading the whole trilogy. I agree with you about the "formula," which is why I have taken a break from dystopian fiction. I liked Divergent b/c it had a good balance between the rogue action and the love story. I felt like the Matched/Reached/Crossed trilogy was very similar to this story, but it had a big focus on the romance which was not exciting to me.

    ReplyDelete